Built in the early 1600's, Old
Forge Cottage may originally have been a farmhouse serving Low Hall.
In the 1700's it became part of a group of houses called Low Fold
before the road to Steeton railway station was built.
By the early 1970's it was in need of
major renovation and in 1972 it was purchased and the house was
modernised. Whilst many of the changes were necessary unfortunately
much of the houses original character was destroyed or hidden.